All information contained is subject to change.
- Non-DOD ID cardholders are welcome to attend the event and can enter through all open gates. No need to stop by the visitor’s center.
- All personnel entering Fort Carson must be in possession of a valid state or federally issued photo ID from a REAL ID Act compliant state. Current states not in compliance are: Alaska, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia & Washington. (Update to the REAL ID Act effective June 1, 2017)
If using an ID from a state or territory that is not REAL ID Act compliant, then an approved secondary form of ID is required. More information on the REAL ID Act can be found at https://www.dhs.gov/real-id
- No parking in residential/base housing/neighborhoods on Fort Carson.
- Parking is free, space is available on a first come, first served basis.
- All personnel must park in designated parking areas.
- Parking in prohibited areas will result in a citation and the vehicle being towed.
- Please follow the signs for designated parking areas.
- No bikes, skateboards, scooters, roller skates, roller blades, or other alternative means of urban transportation allowed at Oktoberfest
- Absolutely no personal grills or burners allowed at Oktoberfest.
- No coolers or tents allowed.
- Lost children are accompanied by event staff to the B.O.S.S. booth (by the main stage) and an announcement is made via the speakerphone to make contact with the parent(s)/guardian(s)
- 100% random personal property inspection in effect.
- No personal fireworks or sparklers allowed on Fort Carson. These items are prohibited per FC Regulation 210-2-8.
- No firearms and/or weapons allowed.
- Privately owned drones/UAV’s are not allowed.
- No glass containers allowed.
- Alcohol in private containers is not allowed. Alcohol may be purchased from vendors located in the festival area.
- Despite the Colorado amendment to legalize marijuana, possession of marijuana on a federal installation is a violation of federal law.
Pets/Companion Animals vs. Service Animals
- No pets or companion/comfort/emotional support animals allowed.
- Only ADA service animals are allowed onsite.
- Companion/comfort/emotional support animals are not protected under the ADA.
- Under Colorado state law HB16-1426 (effective January 2017), it is a crime to knowingly misrepresent an animal as a service animal.
- Please observe posted speed limits.
- The area around the festival venue will become congested, please slow down and watch out for pedestrians.
- Event goes on regardless of weather. Those attending the event assume the risk of injury as a result of inclement weather.
- In the event of lightning, a warning is issued and guests are asked to clear the area and/or return to their cars until an “all clear” announcement is issued.
Contact us for additional questions.